Saturday, November 6, 2010

Support

I'm not trying to make this blog all about being a JW.  It's what's on my mind right now so I can't help but talk about that.  There is a great network of support for people who are fed up with the religion.  There's a website out there for current or former JW's to get help or to just talk about things.  That website is http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/.  I find myself on there a lot.  There are some really great people on there.

I know that everything I say about the religion might seem like an overreaction but all you need to do there is read what some people have had to go through and it suddenly doesn't seem so.  What you can gather from reading there is that it's essentially a cult.  They use many tactics that cults use.  Only thing they haven't forced people to do yet is drink the kool-aid.  I better get out before they get to that point.

I recently (last night), informed my brother of my upcoming decision to leave it and he's very supportive.  I'm supposed to move in with him and his girlfriend at the beginning of January so that will help make the decision even easier.  It's going to be quite a change in my life because the JW's take so much time and resources from you.  Meetings constantly and then they want you out knocking on doors at all other times.  It's a big waste of time and I need to spend it doing something more productive and enjoyable.  I just don't know how I'm going to break the news to my parents.  That will be the hardest thing of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment