Sunday, November 7, 2010

Upcoming Plans

As of right now I've got all kinds of plans for the future going on right now.  The kind I've most been concerned about are not all that happy to think about.  However, I do have some fun plans coming up for the month of May.

If you know me, you know I love baseball.  I know most people hate watching baseball and I understand their lack of enthusiasm for the game.  I love it though.  Maybe it's because I used to play.  Maybe it's the stats.  Maybe it's the one-on-one matchups of pitcher vs. batter.  I don't know what it is, but whatever it is I love it. 

I also loving going to baseball games.  It's my dream to go to visit all of the baseball stadiums.  I've been to a few but there are still plenty I need to go to.  I did a little bit of logistical research and came up with a game plan for May that will allow me to visit five baseball stadiums in five days.  It's going to be an intense trip.  There won't be much resting.  There will be a lot of driving.  I have no problem with that though as my recent trip to Atlanta to catch some Braves games will show you.  11 hours on the road is not fun but it was quite an adventure. 

Here's how the trip will go:

Friday, May 13th:  I head to Detroit to see the Tigers.  It's about a five hour journey from where I'm at now.  They are taking on the Kansas City Royals at 7:05 local time.  I'll stay overnight in Detroit.

Saturday, May 14th:  I make the drive to Milwaukee from Detroit.  It's a 6 1/2 hour drive from Detroit so I better get up a little early.  At 6:10 local time the Brewers take on my beloved Buccos.  I'll stay overnight there.  I may even be meeting a friend there.  That would be really awesome.

Sunday, May 15th:  This leg of the trip will probably be a little easier.  It's a 2 hour drive from Milwaukee to Chicago.  I don't know what time the game will be, but at some point the Giants will take on the Cubs.  If it's a Sunday night game, then I'll have plenty of time to hang around Milwaukee and maybe even sleep in before I leave for Chicago. 

Monday, May 16th:  This is the most beautiful part of the whole thing.  This game will also be in Chicago.  I'll be seeing the White Sox take on the Rangers at some point, either an afternoon game or an evening game.  Afternoon would not be bad because I might be able to drive to the next part of my journey the day before or I can wait and just drive in the morning.

Tuesday, May 17th:  Depending on the previous day's game, I will either drive the night before or drive in the morning to St. Louis from Chicago.  Regardless it's a 5 hour trip.  Cardinals will take on the Phillies at 7:05.  Then I drive home the next day.  A brisk 9 hour journey from the Arch.

A lot of people will say I'm crazy for even thinking about a trip like this.  Hey, I'm young.  What's so crazy about it.  I think it would make for a great adventure and I hope I can get someone to tag along with me for the journey.  If not, then I guess I'll have a nice solo adventure to look forward to.  Either way I'm excited. 

This is still just an idea.  I really would like to do something like this.  It wouldn't be much of a relaxing time but it would be an exciting experience.  I do know for sure I am at least making the trip to Milwaukee and Chicago.  Those other stops are possibilities at the moment.  We'll see how I feel as the time approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment